There has been various boys’ football in Dunbar from at least the early 20th century (circa 1920’s). In the 1960s the Club was originally known as Belhaven Boys Club and they used to meet in the old Belhaven church hall in Beveridge Row Belhaven. The first team was formed in the early sixty’s and the late George Rioch was one of the founder members.
In the 70s it was reformed as Countess Youth Club by the police, mainly Sergeant Gordon Boag who had quite a lot of involvement with running the club at the time. The club enjoyed success in these years with players moving onto county and national level. One of the age groups went on a tour of America round about 1977.
In the 80s it was reformed as the Countess Youth Club with training and matches played at Winterfield and then at Deer Park courtesy of Blue Circle Industries.
Around about 1992 the name was changed to Dunbar United Colts FC whilst continuing to train at Deer Park then moving to Hallhill Sports Centre at the turn of the millennia. Since then the club has grown rapidly.
In 2003 the club held its first 7-a-side Soccer Festival with 2012 being the 10th with approx 400 kids taking part. Various age groups over the last few years have taking part in tournaments at home and abroad with mixed success.
December 2007 we signed up for the SFA Quality Mark and achieved the Standard Award in 2009 and then the Community Award in December 2010.
The Club currently has more teams than ever before, with age groups from Soccer School primary 1’s, right up to under 19s and a adult amateur team.