Dunbar United Colts are looking for a brilliant candidate or organisation to provide growth and development services to the Club. The focus of the contract will be to support the aims of the Club in enhancing levels of participation in football within Dunbar and the associated school catchment area.
Building on existing practices and procedures within the Club, the successful candidate or organisation will maintain our links with schools, the local regional SFA Development Officer and the Dunbar Area Community Sports Hub.
Existing in its current form since 1992, Dunbar United Colts Football Club encourages participation in and enjoyment of association football. There are currently more than 400 players across our age groups in boys and girls teams with adult amateur and walking football teams also associated with the Club. The Club aims to develop the skills and fitness of all participating players in a safe, enjoyable and positive environment. Younger age groups play non-competitive, small-sided football with competitive 11-a-side football starting at around ages 11-12. Dunbar United Colts is an inclusive Club, promoting sportsmanship and fair play in our footballers, officials and parents and carers. We do so inclusively, irrespective of gender, race, religion or social status.
Offered as a Contract for Services, initially for a period of 12 months, the opportunity covers the following areas:
- Leading and/or supporting the delivery of age group training sessions as part of DUCFC coach and player development.
- Attendance at home age group fixtures to support growth and development of players and coaches.
- Supporting the Club to meet the requirements for re-accreditation of the SFA Quality Mark Gold (Community Award) and applying for Platinum (Legacy) status.
- Increasing participation in focussed areas, namely Girls and Adult volunteers.
- Leading the Soccer schools, maintaining other partnerships and developing new ones, while building the necessary framework to allow age groups to be self-supporting.
- Co-ordinating Coach education and CPD within the Club.
- Supporting the Club’s growth in the local community (e.g. through the Dunbar Community Sports Hub).
- Promoting and assisting with the organisation and running of the Club’s annual football festival.
- Promoting and running football camps throughout the year.
- Provide regular reports and updates to the Executive Committee in regard to playing numbers and volunteers, attend monthly committee meetings and the AGM to provide these updates.
Further info, next steps and getting in touch
Interested candidates/ organisations are asked to submit a CV and covering letter for consideration by the Dunbar United Colts Executive Committee.
The covering letter should demonstrate skills and experience relating to the areas identified above and should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 5pm on Thursday 30 June 2022.
Interviews will be held by the end of July 2022.
The hours and fee for the Contract for Services will be the subject of negotiation with the Executive Committee.
For further information or an informal discussion, please email email@example.com in the first instance.