We’re looking for a confident, enthusiastic, and organised person with great people skills that can spare a few hours a month to act as our club’s chairperson.
Dunbar Colts are at a key juncture in their history, with the future potential of the club greater than ever. With a hard-working committee already in place to assist we have a challenge for you to help set the club on the path to growing on and of the pitch and establish itself as a great place for youngsters to develop.
Ideally, you would be conversant with sporting bodies and be prepared to become conversant with our club policies, including protection policies.
Likely roles & responsibilities would include:
- Liaising with the committee and help to manage the affairs of the club.
- Chairing committee meetings, and ensuring all decisions are agreed, understood, and recorded.
- Overseeing and helping to guide decisions taken by the committee and any sub-committees.
- Setting meeting agendas with the club secretary and approving minutes before they are circulated.
- Becoming familiar with our club constitution, policies, and national governing bodies rules and regulations.
- Ensuring club funds are spent correctly.
- Helping the committee to prepare any statutory documents that are required and assisting with funding applications.
- Representing the club at local, regional and national level events.
- Making sure the club complies with and maintains its Scottish FA quality mark criteria.
- Liaising with the Executive Committee to ensure volunteers are properly recruited and comply with child protection policies.
- Overseeing any disciplinary issues or complaints received, in liaison with the Child Protection Officer and the Executive Committee.
To apply please send a CV detailing what relevant qualities you have and also outline what led you to be attracted to the role.
Please send all responses to email@example.com